Sunday, January 09, 2005

Stressed

School starts back tomorrow. I seem to be in a bit of a funk, with nothing much to say. I have classes every morning at eight. My daughter has to be at school at eight. My son will also have to be out and about at eight. Don't ask me how I think I am going to single-handedly get everyone where they are supposed to be without going beserk.

I need a job. I am debating whether to put school on hold
to take a full time position. I have only worked one place all my adult life, and would be working there still had the owners not retired and closed the business. I am a dinosaur in unfamiliar terrain. I quit college the first time to get my "Mrs." Degree. Now, after thirty years, I may find myself quitting college to gain the independence needed to get a d-i-v-o-r-c-e. (anyone else familiar with that old Tammy Wynette song?)

I am not as grumpy as I appear to be, just a little stressed, that's all. And not at all sure about what to do, or what is going to happen. Wait, that does make me grumpy, not knowing what is going to happen.

And I have been reading such entertaining blogs, blogs that manage to complain without whining and in such an entertaining way.

FYI: The quotes that may not be legible on the collages say things like:

"Carrying a grudge is exhausting."

"There are going to be times when your gut instinct is telling you something isn't right, and you're going to go ahead with it anyway."

"I know who I am. I know what I am. I know where I fit in. I am comfortable in my own skin." Comfortable in my own skin? Now there is a laugh.


And furthermore, I don't know why those extra lines are in and around part of the quotes, and I have looked at the html stuff twice, and can't figure out how to fix it, so it is going to stay that way for now.


1 comment:

  1. "There are going to be times when your gut instinct is telling you something isn't right, and you're going to go ahead with it anyway."Boy, do I do that! Over and over and over...

    (And, yup, I know the song.)

    School is hard enough on me - with it just being me! I don't know how I'd do it with kids!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!