Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Too Hot to Handle

I keep thinking of that old JerryClower joke about Cousin So and So coming over to the Ledbetter’s for Sunday dinner. After the blessing, the cousin managed to grab the biggest piece of fried chicken and took a huge bite, only to discover that it was too hot to swallow. He unceremoniously spit it out. When all eyes were turned on him, he said “you know, many a fool woulda tried to swallow that.” That is about the only comfort I can give myself about dropping school. I managed to get too big a bite of hot chicken for my mouth to handle. Maybe I would have been a fool to try and swallow it, but part of me wishes I had tried a little harder. Really good fried chicken is a terrible thing to waste.

1 comment:

  1. can i use this line when i post about my decision to drop my *assessments in addictions counseling* class tomorrow?

    purdy please?

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!