Saturday, October 15, 2005

Gratitude

"It's a queer feeling to be so utterly dependent on the help of others, but at least it teaches one to be grateful, a lesson I hope I shall never forget. In normal life we hardly realize how much more we receive than we give, and life cannot be rich without such gratitude. It is easy to overestimate the impotance of our own achievements compared with what we owe to the help of others." Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters From Prison

No, I have not been imprisoned, but neither have I been living my "normal life". And I have spent a few days utterly dependent on the help or others, but honestly, there are some days when I have already forgotten to be grateful. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there staring, say something!