Monday, May 14, 2007

I Have Seen The Duck!


The duck is nesting in a chiminea on my sister's back porch.


She apparently was tired of all the attention we were giving her and left her nest to take a spin around the lake. Thanks Jules!, for reminding me to see God in the odd places!

It was a good weekend all in all. We've been attending these family information sessions at the rehab every other weekend. We have one session left. We only got to get a quick hug from my son this time around because the rehab place has temporarily suspended all visitation privileges. Hopefully we will be able to have a visit next weekend.

I would appreciate your prayers for my son. He has been in rehab for almost five months and I think he is discouraged as he thinks about how much longer he still has to go. He also goes sometime this month to take his GED. I think he is well prepared and I think success in that area will be a tremendous lift to his self-esteem.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for that GED. I know he is discouraged but he will one day look back and realize that this was the best gift he could have ever had. It is an investment in himself.

    That crazy duck! Love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See! All you have to do is watch for him!!! ;-)

    I'll be praying for your son...I know it's hard to wait through such a tough time but he's come this far. I will pray that God carries him all the way to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!

    Here's hoping for the GED. I know it must be tough, on all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie -- you and your family are in my thoughts more often than you might realize. I think about how hard it must be on you, as a mother, to watch your child go through such a hard time.

    On a lighter note, though, my dear -- I'm tagging you to list 7 things about yourself, and then pass on to 7 others. (Of course, if you have the time and inclination...) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I join the rest of the gang in praying or your family. Perhaps the discouragement now will lighten as your son sees some victories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww the duck is SO cool! Lots of birds and other critters like my yard and nest in various places. Even though I have the 3 dogs, they are taught not to bother them. Well ok we're still working on the new one but he's learning fast.

    Your son has so much of a better chance to succeed because he's got his family behind him. That is probably one of the most important parts of the whole process. Do you ever watch the show on A&E called Intervention? It's hard to watch sometimes. But the one thing I have noticed is that the ones who succeed while in treatment and later on, are the ones whose families actively participate.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!