Monday, April 07, 2008

Forward Trajectories

In no particular order:

  • I've been doing a lot of reading, particularly in a book called The Van Gogh Blues. It is about depression and the creative person. Linda of Quotidian Curiosities was intuitive enough to recommend it to me and Linda, it has been one enlightening book. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
  • I joined Curves, the women's workout place. I am having trouble getting myself there as often as I ought to be going but joining is a start. We are also trying to eat more consciously at work.
  • I finally got my phone line fixed. My problem was due to a short in the jack.
  • I am looking into changing jobs and have sent two applications in for civil service jobs. I took the civil service exam Saturday and feel like I aced it. The whole idea of changing jobs is difficult for me because of low confidence levels and not much official training to offer. Also because I start feeling guilty about leaving the old job, even though I have good reason to do so.
  • I am going to start work with a spiritual director very soon. I have been in a spiritual funk for quite some time now and I think the timing is right for me to do this, even though it is a tradition that is completely foreign to my upbringing.
  • I have not been out to take photos lately but I hope to get back to it soon. The anti-depressant I have been on has really muted my creative desires, but they seem to be slowly coming back. I have also not done much in the area of "artsy-fartsy" activity and am looking forward to getting back with that as well.
  • I want to get back to writing more regularly on my blog, but now I have blurted out all my news, what on earth will I write about?

4 comments:

  1. Write, take pictures, be artsy-fartsy, read, blog (in any order).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the book is good! It can be very hard to do the work-out thing, too -- I've been trying to shed a few pounds, and have to make myself exercise some days. Eating good, nutritious meals is the easy part -- skipping the in-between meals JUNK is my downfall!

    It's good to hear all that's going on with you -- sounds like quite a lot, but generally positive stuff. I know you'll do fine. Do we need to sing the "I Will Survive" song to you???
    :-D (I'll take that back -- my singing would put you in a funk that could last a year or more... it's THAT bad...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been in the funk you are in - yup the anti depressants can do their number, but considering the alternative......

    A spiritual director would be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so moving forward! Look at all you have done list out there!

    I wanna see pics. Just post a pic...no writing involved.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!