Friday, March 09, 2012

Floral, Photo Friday, 03/09/12

Hydrangeas make me smile. I never get tired of taking pictures of their blooms. Depending on the soil, they are pink, purple or blue. The blooms are beautiful even when they are dried out and almost drained of their color.

They also remind of family reunions back when my grandparents and all their siblings were alive. The reunions were held near their old home place. The front porch was huge and the steps that led to the porch were high and wide. Or at least that is the way they seemed way back when I was but a child! The hydrangea bushes grew beside the steps, their huge leaves and flowers matching the gargantuan proportions of the steps and the porch.

Photo Friday may be a new thing on the blog, if I can discipline myself to participate on a regular basis! 

(This is my contribution to today's Photo Friday theme, Floral.)


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors here - great look on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth! The colors had to grow on me a bit but I like them more and more every time I see them! I wanted to choose something outside my normal comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!