Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanks-giving and Joy


(I've heard the two really go hand in hand.)

This past weekend, I grabbed hold of the slippery crook in the "J" of joy and rode while I could. The effects have been lasting. The grief and sadness is still there, but it is tempered by joy.
I'm off today and working around the house a bit, trying to get a bit of Christmas around here. The Peaceful Holidays Radio channel is playing on Pandora, candles are lit and I'm taking a small break to enjoy a cup of coffee.

Tomorrow we will head to my sister's house in Houston for the day and then we will retreat to our little house in the country for some relatively quiet time away.

Happy Thanksgiving to you. May your joy not be fleeting (nor slippery!) in this season of Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there staring, say something!