Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Peaceful Day


The waters of conflict were rolling with distant family members. We took a trip and spoke face to face. We isolated the troubled waters.

We communicated. We stirred the waters a little more.

We let the waters roll beneath the bridge. (Is that the shadow of a divine hand casting a blessing on the passing of troubled waters?)

And then there was a bend in the creek, and the waters are calmed and stilled. (Don't you see the light of grace shining on us all?)

I am learning to face and deal with conflict. And now we have a win-win situation for all parties involved. I am particularly pleased. It means a minor dream of mine will come to pass, after a time, something I had lost will be returned to me.

8 comments:

  1. You know, you really have the potential for something much bigger than a blog. Your pictures and words strike the heart. I'm always rewarded in waiting for you to surface from the waters......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was magnificent and so cool seeing as I just finished being privvy to a great three week series of sermons at church about relationships.

    And I'd bet MONEY that is indeed the shadow of a divine hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Jim, Annie. Start collecting the manuscript.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything was just perfect in this post... the pictures, the story... Annie, you are inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to concur with our esteemed friend Jim here. I see published works in you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ditto all of the above, and then some......WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!