Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Coming Back! (Hopefully!)


I do want to come back here and start posting again. I am not sure anymore in which direction I will go so please bear with me as I try to regain my footing around here.

I (finally!) got myself a digital SLR camera and I am loving it! It is a bit of a learning curve, getting used to the settings and trying to see what I can do with it, but it has been fun so far. This photo of a cypress tree was taken at our local state park. I love cypress trees. I have more pictures to post later.

My employee of over 16 years (co-owner of the local sporting goods store, yes, I am a sporting goods maven!) died a week ago today. She was a fine Christian woman who influenced my life in many ways. She and her husband both were good influences on a long line of college age employees. Her death was not totally unexpected but it came at such a hard time, right as the holidays are cranking up.

I read somewhere this week that the holidays are often a time when we remember those who will not be with us to celebrate. I know grief makes Christmas hard for many people. And this year has not been an easy one for so many people, for so many reasons. But still, Christmas is a time of hope and light if one has eyes to see.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photography as usual, my friend. May you and yours know the abundance of His presence furing the holidays and beyond. Merry Christmas!.....

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!