Monday, February 25, 2013

Balance

I often feel like I am walking on the edge, not deliberately, but just because that's where I feel like I am. I work actively not to fall off the edge. Sometimes I forget that's where I am and I walk nimbly and safely. But sometimes I am reminded of how close to the edge I am.
And I fear I will lose my balance and slip through the cracks. So far I have kept my balance and mostly avoided this catastrophe. But not without a great deal of help and support.

It occurs to me now that maybe my fear of falling is holding me back.  

(Balance: the seventh verb of my 52 Verbs project.)

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are avoiding catastrophe. Whatever the reasons - fear of falling, ingrained patterns, rampaging zombies - I hope you are able to achieve the balance and peace you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! I am slowly working on it!

      Delete
  2. Yup, copy and paste that on my blog..... it's about the same.... mostly avoided catastrophe, the problem with that, is you and I both know how much energy and effort it takes to do that. Leaving us feeling drained, frustrated, angry and well... off balance. And today I finally realize that I need a hell of a lot of help and support, a quija board, magic eight ball and a couple of magic wands and a fairy godmother/father... either one.. to help me get myself back together here....
    just saying'
    and I know it's no comfort but just know I'm standing chest deep in the crap with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori. Hope you're doing better....

      Delete
  3. It's never the fall that worries me; it's the landing. Fear can be a healthy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe there is something good in the letting go and falling?

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!