Thursday, July 11, 2013

Excuses, Excuses

I don't know where the time has gone! I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd posted something here.

I've been going full throttle with my physical fitness work. I've been at it for a little over 2 months. I've been going to the gym after work and have dropped 16 pounds. I feel so much better these days. In fact, I think I may have totally lost my mind because I am thinking about doing a "couch to 5K" program!

On the weekends we are usually in the country, where there is no internet other than what I get on my phone.

So these are my excuses for not being around and hopefully I'll be back with more later. In the meantime, there is this quote by Emerson to consider.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you, annie! Wow, that's amazing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just good to hear you here again. Congratulations on the weight loss. Exercise goes way beyond dropping pounds, though, helping your heart and muscles, waking us up out of lethargy if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may only half express myself, and that's to my detriment, not His. I'm definitely not ashamed of either the divine within me, nor the creator who put it there. I am a child of God and happy that it is so. Congratulations on losing 16 pounds! That's huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph Waldo Emerson was a transcendentalist, Susan, and searching out his own problems, the quote merely something to "chew on", my own perspective in agreement with yours, but hoping the author eventually found deeper roots in this journey we all encounter.

      "Transcendentalism was a religious and philosophical movement that was developed during the late 1820s and 1830s[1] in the Eastern region of the United States as a protest to the general state of culture and society, and in particular, the state of intellectualism at Harvard University and the doctrine of the Unitarian church taught at Harvard Divinity School. Among the transcendentalists' core beliefs was the inherent goodness of both people and nature. They believed society and its institutions—particularly organized religion and political parties—ultimately corrupted the purity of the individual. They had faith that people are at their best when truly "self-reliant" and independent. It is only from such real individuals that true community could be formed."

      Delete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!