Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Hopeful Beginnings

I've had a chance to watch the first lessons of the Spirit Wings class. The supply list is daunting. The good news is that I do not have to have everything at once and I have a few things that I can use as substitutes for some of the supplies.
I've watched the first video lesson and an exciting thing for me was seeing her use vintage wallpaper scraps for her backgrounds. For years I've had this thick book of wallpaper samples. I didn't know exactly what I would do with it but I knew it would come in handy eventually. This morning I tore the pages loose from the book and tore smaller pieces to place on my board. So far this is what I have. I would have glued it down but unfortunately I have matte gel medium and I need gloss gel medium.

I don't know how much farther I will go because of a few supplies I will need that I have not found locally. I could try to make do with what I have. I'll see as I move along. But I will be ordering a few more supplies soon.

(To be honest, I glued the pieces down before I left to play tennis. I can tell you that my pieces did not get put on exactly like I have pictured here. I'm going to work on adding a couple of layers. We will see what happens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there staring, say something!